Languages:

This site is created using Wikimapia data. Wikimapia is an open-content collaborative map project contributed by volunteers around the world. It contains information about 25110429 places and counting. Learn more about Wikimapia and cityguides.

Valenzuela City

Valenzuela means "little Valencia" in Spanish, and is also the surname Dr. Pío Valenzuela, a Filipino physician and patriot who was among the leaders of the Katipunan that started the Philippine Revolution against Spain after which the city was named.

The historic City of Valenzuela was originally known as Polo, and established as an independent town of the province of Bulacan in 1623. Polo was once just a part of the town of Meycauayan called "Catangalan". The territory of the new town encompassed the vast lands that stretched from the town of Obando, to the forests of Novaliches. The Franciscans, in the person of Fr. Juan Taranco, administered the newly created town.

During its long history played an important role in development of northern Metro Manila. Valenzuela City, before its cityhood on 1998, was divided into an Spanish friar hacienda, small political settlement and Spanish garrison before Philippine Independence in 1898. Valenzuela was once part of Bulacan province. In the 19th century, its huge land area was subdivided into Polo, Novaliches, Obando and others merged into the province of Morong. Later on in the American Period, Valenzuela became part of Bulacan and started the construction of Marcelo H. del Pilar Expressway. The expressway later became North Luzon Expressway during Marcos's era.

The liberation of the Philippines from Japanese rule on 1946 resulted in the division of Valenzuela into two towns.

On 1960, President Diosdado Macapagal signed a bill creating a municipality of Valenzuela independent from Bulacan. However, on 1963, the municipality was redivided, the north Polo, to be under Bulacan again, while the southern Valenzuela town became an independent municipality. The creation of MMDA and NCR during Marcos's administration led to unification of Polo and Valenzuela into the municipality of Valenzuela in 1975. Valenzuela City finally attained cityhood status on February 14, 1998.

City Officials.

Mayor: Sherwin T. Gatchalian
Vice–Mayor: Eric M. Martinez

First district representative: Rexlon T. Gatchalian

Councilors: (First district)
Corazon A. Cortez
Gerald A. Esplana
Ignacio G. Santiago, Jr.
Katherine C. Pineda
Marcelino G. Morelos
Ritche D. Cuadra

Second district representative: Magtanggol T. Gunigundo II

Councilors:(Second district)
Adrian C. Dapat
Fernando D.G. Padrinao
Kate Abigael G. Coseteng
Maria Cecilia V. Mayo
Rosalie S.D. Esteban
Shalani Shan R. Soledad

Ex-officio members
Sangguniang Kabataan Federation President: Ricmar C. Enriquez
Association of Barangay Chairmen President: Alvin S. Feliciano

Website: www.valenzuela.gov.ph/index.php/home
Other infolink: en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php?title=Valenzuela_City

Recent city comments:

  • Maysan Barangay and Multi Purpose Hall, Celso Jaculgar wrote 4 days ago:
    please reply asap
  • Maysan Barangay and Multi Purpose Hall, Celso Jaculgar wrote 4 days ago:
    how to reach that maysan barangay multi puorpose hall if im coming from sm north edsa? what do I ride to get there? thanx
  • Lamp Medical Clinic, Mochi (guest) wrote 2 months ago:
    What is the contact number of this clinic?
  • San Miguel Brewery , ron del rosario (guest) wrote 3 months ago:
    why balintawak?
  • Maynilad Water Serices,inc. Valenzuela Bc, cris (guest) wrote 3 months ago:
    is this a joke? ONLY LUZON ST HAS NO WATER SUPPLY? ed wow!!!!!!
more comments...
Valenzuela City on the map.

Recent city photos:

more photos...